Who doesn’t love Baby Groot? His little dance as he sat in his pot at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy won our hearts. His adorable, gleeful chaoticness in the new Guardians is sure to be scene stealing. (You know the old adage is don’t act with children and babies but I don’t remember them ever saying anything about trees!) And you know you and all of your friends have all imitated the “groot dance” at one point or another in the last 2 years. So it’s no surprise that this would spawn something like the #GrootDancebomb!
Together with YouTube Creator D’Trix, Disney and Marvel Studios have created a fun video challenge that started on April 18 and will run through May 5th. Which means you still have plenty of time to get your groove on!
What do you have to do?
(1) “like” or “share” on YouTube, using YouTube’s “like” or “share” features, of the
#GrootDancebomb video produced by DCPI;
(2) “like” or “share” on Facebook, using Facebook’s “like” or “share” features, of the #GrootDancebomb video produced by DCPI;
(3) post on Instagram using the hashtag #GrootDancebomb;
(4) tweet on Twitter using the hashtag #GrootDancebomb.
(5) Create your own Dancebomb video and share it using the hashtag!
What does it do?
For every like on You Tube or share of either the original or your own video with the hashtag Marvel will direct a donation through the Disney Conservation Fund for $1 to The Nature Conservancy to plant 1 tree per share or video. Marvel will donate a minimum of $50,000 and a maximum of $250,000.
So start liking, sharing and creating!